August 26, 2009

Day 2


Well, it's another day gone and I'm feeling remarkably good today. Nothing like a nice hot shower and a full dose of Ibuprofen and Tylenol. The over the counter meds are really helping out a lot. I woke up this morning around 5:00am with the thought that someone was poking me in the side and back of the head with a fork or something. Sort of a pulsating sharp pain. But I dosed up on the Tylenol and Ibuprofen and now I'm feeling good. Incidentally, the prescribed antiviral medicine is "Valtrex". That's the same one from the commercials for genital herpes.
Luckily my wife isn't the suspicious type! Did I mention that they cost a fortune? $303.00 for a seven day treatment. Do the herpes folks have to pay that every month?

As you can see from the picture, no major changes today. The bump looks like it's starting to get a little texture on it, and there's a little patch of bumps smack in the middle of my forehead that look like they will soon be the ugly blisters I was hoping to avoid. That and a notable droop to my left eye lid. Droopy eyes are supposed to be sexy aren't they? Not so much if it's just one eye I guess.

I've been holding onto about a 10% chance that the Doctor was wrong and it was still just a bug bite. But with the new little marks showing up I'm pretty sure this will be an ugly little mess here in the next couple of days. My biggest concern now is when to take time off work. I don't want to waste sick leave, or expose any co-workers to a stinking virus. Combine that with the embarrassment factor of having a droopy eye and ugly little lesions on your face like some sort of meth addict. In case you didn't read the Bio, I'm a firefighter and I work a 24 hour shift.
I guess I'll just wait and see if I don't look and feel too terrible tomorrow for my scheduled work day.
See you tomorrow,
Chubbs

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear your dealing w/this! What a drag. The good news is that you weren't going to win a beauty contests anyway! I think it's cool you're blogging this though...hopefully it will give someone else somewhere to look for realistic answers. Feel better! M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for for posting this. I’m doing my research and my experience is very similar to what yours was. I thought mine was a bug bite too. I saw about 3 doctors in the first few days and they did not think it was shingles. I took the prednazone pack, another steroid shot, and antibiotics but no antiviral — a lot of antihistamines/ ipuprofen and Tylenol. I’m on day 14 and the headache is still there. I saw a dermatologist today and she thinks it was shingles.

    I’m thankful it was a mild case but wish I had advocated more for myself in the first few days because I think getting the antiviral early is a good thing. I knew that at the time but the doctors I saw did not think it was shingles. That is my advice for anyone that sees this and relates to these images and what he experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M TOTALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    Herpes is a serious and recurrent condition that cannot be cured by drugs or injections by DR JAMES , but the best way to fight against herpes is to take natural herbal remedies, I red about DR JAMES, the great herbalist who cures people of HIV virus with his powerful herbal medicine. I contacted him to find out how he could help me and he told me never to be afraid that he would help me with the natural herbs medicine! After 2 days of contacting him he told me the medicine is ready and he sent it to me via DHL COURIER SERVICE and it got me in 3 days! I used the medication as he prescribed for me (MORNING and EVENING) and was cured! It's really like a dream, but I'm so happy! For people suffering from the following diseases,Shingles,MS,Bullous Pemphigoid,Diabetes, cancer,Pcos, hypothyroidism, Herpes, COPD, HIV, arthritis, Hpv, infections, liver disease, autoimmune diseases, Parkinson's disease, Lupus and more should contact him for his herbal medicine, because I am a living witness and I was cured of herpes virus. and DR James medicine is legitimate. I sent him what he asked for and he sent me his medication which I took for 2 weeks and today I am here with a negative result. When I went for the test, I was so happy after I took his herbal mix medicine.CONTACT DR JAMES FOR A PERMANENT CURE Email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best herbal medicine for herpes...................

    Work Fast in 14 days,

    Email ((Robinsonbuckler11@gmail.com))

    ReplyDelete